On Dec 8, 2:19 am, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <je...@ingolfs.dk> wrote:

> record will not be unlocked until the session times out....

I thought it was stated above that the transaction is scoped to the
request by default, not the session?

> A much better solution imo is to use optimistic locking.

I'm not going to disagree with you there.

However, are the lift devs really interested in spending time
implementing an optimistic locking system?  As it stands, if I
actually need data consistency with Lift, it looks like the choice is
JPA.  An optional pessimistic lock would make mapper a more realistic
choice, and the implementation should be pretty blunt in terms of
complexity (and drawbacks as you noted).