On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM, DMB <combust...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "I've been with Foursquare for four months, and during this time I've
> decided to change their infrastructure to Scala and Lift". LOL.
>
> Good luck hiring devs for this, guys. You will need it.

Why do you say this?  There is an increasing supply of talented Scala
developers.  I have nearly a dozen quality developers I know who would
rather be doing Scala work than whatever they're doing now... just come to a
Scala BASE meeting to meet some of them.

There is also an increasing demand for Scala developers between Twitter,
LinkedIn, and KaChing, etc.

Plus, it's a great match... by and large, Scala developers are the
intellectually curious sorts who are willing to do extra work in order to
get the benefits of Scala... this is an ideal profile for a start-up like
FourSquare.  And FourSquare is a wicked hot start-up that offers tremendous
upside to anyone who joins now (like Twitter did 2 years ago.)

In fact, Scala is a great filter for FourSquare... they get to cherry-pick
from a relatively small, tremendously talented pool of developers.  If I
were single and 20 years younger, I'd be updating and sending my resume to
FourSquare... and I haven't updated (or had to update) my resume in > 5
years.

> On Dec 8, 1:49 pm, Mateo Barraza <mateo.barr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > that last link works. THanks  Tyler!
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM, TylerWeir <tyler.w...@gmail.com> wrote: