> Why do these fields have to be "taped together"?  What is "taped together"?
>
> Why not just create a method that takes a user and updates the correct
> columns in the record?

Sorry if "taped together" didn't make sense - I wanted to say that
they belong together and should be seen as one Unit instead of two
columns which need to import extra logic (with the method) to be bound
together. If I use a method, I still have to add the two columns,
initialize it with proper names and default values every time I want
to use that logic. It still feels like a workaround as I have
repetitive code, which results in copy & paste, what I want to avoid
as much as possible.

But ok, I'll use that workaround since I don't really see another way,
if it's not possible to put something like a wrapper around two
MappedFields.

> > I hope that information helps understanding my problem...
>
> Not really.  English is a very bad vehicle for design.  Please give us your
> schema or the interfaces at the Scala level.

My code got really complex and I'm not sure what interfaces I should
post here. I thought I already posted the relevant parts with the
InstanceUser schema in the example... :S

Thanks,
Joern