My tables created by Schemefier have multiple keys for the primary key
when my Mapper model is declared like so: class myModel extends
LongKeyedMapper[myModel] with IdPK. There is naturally the primary key
but there is also a unique key on the column that simply duplicates
the functionality of the primary key.

Are other people seeing this? I've only looked on MySQL. This seems to
be because IdPK adds an id of type MappedLongIndex. Only the
longIndexColumnType of MySqlDriver has "UNIQUE KEY" in its definition.
Unique keys are great but, as I mentioned, if the column is also the
primary key the index is a duplication. Maybe this is something that
IdPK can disable when declaring the column? At least with MySQL
primary keys are guaranteed to be unique and InnoDB tables, which
Mapper uses, can have issues with long primary keys[1].

Should this be fixed? Or is the more helpful answer 'Don't use
MySQL'? ;-)

Peter

[1]: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-index-types.html