I just verified that it did indeed use 2.7.7, because the generated
classfiles still have version 4.1.

My new strategy is to build with the last working RC3, and then
recompile just the failing file with the current compiler and all lift
classes on the classpath. That should work.

But I need to know how to build lift with a 2.8.0 compiler. Or
alternatively, if a kind soul can send me a lift 2.8.0 tarball with
all the classfiles in there I can take it from there.

Thanks

 -- Martin