paksegu,

Lift does have better comet support than Atmosphere, but it depends what your
use case is and what you specifically want to do. If you chose to run lift with
atmosphere you'd essentially be loosing out on some of lift's best features. As
jonas says, Akka does indeed use Atmosphere to good effect, but its a different
tool, for a different job IMHO (although you can run them in tandem if your use
case dictates that need).

So, lets try to add some clarity here by ascertaining what exactly you want to
do... before this turns into a "my comet is better than your comet" flame war
;-)

Cheers, Tim