I don't know if it's a common practice but I usually keep all my SessionVars
in the same module (aka singleton object) for easy access:

/** All session variables */
object Session {
  private def currentWeekReq = S.param("currentWeek").map(Week.parse(_))
  object currentWeek extends SessionVar[Week](currentWeekReq openOr
(Week())) {
    override def is = currentWeekReq openOr super.is
  }
  object latestEntry extends SessionVar("latestEntry")
  object editEntry   extends SessionVar("editEntry")
  object failedEntry extends SessionVar("failedEntry")
}

then I just import Session._ wherever needed.

alex