Hello all,

I am having a problem with SessionVar that keeps losing its contents.

I have defined the SessionVar like this:

object MyObject {
   object myVar extends SessionVar[Box[MyObject]](Empty)
}

Then I set value once for myVar:

MyObject.myVar(Full(value))

My problem is that after some time (0-5 mins) myVar will lose its
value, that is, it will have value Empty again. This seems not to be
due inactivity since I am clicking pages constantly. My code is not
setting value to Empty. During this 0-5 mins the myVar will work
correctly. The logs contain no related messages.

I am requesting pages that all reference the session var. Sometimes
session var becomes empty in the first request, sometimes after
several dozen requests.

I tried to add shutdown method to myVar, but it is not getting called.

override protected def onShutdown(session: CleanUpParam): Unit = {
   Log.error("shutdown executed" + session)
}

I am running Lift in jetty via mvn jetty:run command. I am using 1.1-
SNAPSHOT of Lift. I am not creating explicitly any kind of cookie or
session.

Any ideas what is happening? It could be that session expires or
invalidates somehow, but why and by whom? How can I found out when
session invalidates?

I even tried to disable liftGC with (LiftRules.enableLiftGC = false)
but that does not affect the problem.

--
Juha Syrjälä