Introduction: I apologize in advanced for I am naive about Scala, Lift
and elegant design decisions in Lift. I am a C#/ASP.NET/Windows
Application developer. I played with Scala and it was the C# I was
looking for! My job is on .NET platform. But for enjoying something
(and maybe put into real use later) Scala and Lift are really nice
choices (IMHO).

Could there be an official GAE (Google App Engine) version of Lift?

It appears that - for some reason I can not figure out; one of them
for sure is elegance - Lift and Scala are attracting to those who want
to use GAE/J. This can be a winning/dominated playground for both of
them (even if we put aside concurrency features in GRE) for those who
want to use GRE/J.

Regards