On 18/01/10 7:10 PM, Tim Maxwell wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am messing around with the 2.0-M1 build and I can't figure out a
couple of things.

a. What is the prefered method of installing the lift-examples?

Go to the corresponding directory and do "mvn package".

Once done, you would have all shiny war file available in the target directory to deploy on your preferred container.

You can do "mvn jetty:run" from the project directory and get started even quicker.

b. Does LiftWizard work yet? I am getting an Instantiation exception
when I call new Wizard. The docs say this exception only gets thrown
when Class.forName() tries to instantiate an interface or abstract
class. I assume this is not expected behavior, or do I just have my
classpath all screwy?

Typically, you should need to bother about classpath et al. The build environment should take care of these things.

Suggest you start with the Wizard example in lift example (examples/example/src/main/scala/net/liftweb/example/snippet/Wizard.scala) and generally try building and running the examples to get your feet wet.

Thanks a bunch,
Tim

PS. great work on this project, lift is awesome

Cheers, Indrajit