On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Channing Walton <channingwal...@mac.com>wrote:

> Looking around MetaMapper and Schemifier, it looks like I could override
> BaseMetaMapper.afterSchemifier to do what i want although I would need to
> nominate a mapper to do this work (User would suffice).

The reason the calls are split out on a MetaMapper-by-MetaMapper basis is
that it's possible that new models will be added to an existing RDBMS.  All
the calls are done after all the tables are created in the database, so you
can put all the row adding code in User.dbAddTable and you'll know that the
tables all exist in the RDBMS prior to the User.dbAddTable method being
invoked.

> I'll try it...
>

> Timothy Perrett wrote:
> >
> > You could in theory have some run task that just essentially executed
> > a bunch of mapper calls, but it sounds like you want more of a build
> > up and tear down approach a la:
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/scala-migrations/
> >
> > Perhaps that is what you are after?
> >
> > Cheers, Tim
> >
> > On Jan 31, 11:59 am, Channing Walton <channingwal...@mac.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I am building an app which needs some static data added whenever we
> >> rebuild
> >> the database. I would like to do that using the mapper api but it looks
> >> like
> >> I need to do it table by table by overriding dbAddTable. I would prefer
> >> do this in one place for the whole model, preferably using the mapper
> api
> >> rather than sql.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to do that, perhaps in Boot?
> >> --
> >> context:http://old.nabble.com/static-data-tp27392115p27392115.html

Surf the harmonics