Just bringing this thread that drifted off onto the committers list back here...

On 8 February 2010 18:58, Naftoli Gugenheim <naftoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome!
> Out of curiosity, what are the advantages of this other templating engine?

Probably the Haml site describes it quite well (see the showdown at
the bottom)...
http://haml-lang.com/

basically its a very concise way of making markup - though its a
different kind of templating engine to the one in lift where there is
no code at all in a template and you bind via reflection XML elements
to functions which then replace elements with values or apply other
transformations etc.

I've used lots of different template engines over the years; they seem
to all have strengths and weaknesses - it mostly depends on what the
make up & skills of the team is & how the team work with web designers
etc. If I'm on a project where I don't have to chuck templates over a
wall to be edited by a web designer I find the Scaml approach a little
easier on my brain & fingers with the cost that there's no IDE to
render it other than the actual web browser and there's code in the
template which can be viewed as a bad thing - YMMV though.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration