Hi,

I had a similar discussion on this list a while ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/69898fb5191a074d

I haven't found THE idiomatic answer in Lift. For now I'm using
StatefulSnippets for the more complex cases; they work quite well.
SessionVars are almost always a bad idea IMHO. For the simple cases I
pass URL parameters around.
The thing to remember is that the StatefulSnippet lifecycle is held
together only by hidden fields whose value is posted back (as
explained in the Lift book). So the user can easily work with
different state sets (StatefulSnippets) in parallel on different tabs.

Best wishes,

Tim