Hi everybody,

I am currently working on a research project in the context of my
Master's at the ETH Zürich. The project's (long-term) goal is to develop
a contract language (pre-, postconditions, invariants, the usual stuff)
to be able to verify certain aspects of Scala traits.

For starters, I'd like to exemplify typical patterns (or use-cases) of
Scala traits. So far I have the "stackable modifications" pattern, the
"interface enrichment" pattern (both taken from the "Programming in
Scala" book [1]) and the "functionality extension" "pattern" as
exemplified in [2] (p. 14, German document).

I already went through a lot of tutorials and small projects and I am
going to have a closer look at the Scala Compiler and at Lift.
However, I would be grateful for any hint where to look for typical
and/or interesting uses of traits. Of course, complete examples are more
than welcome :-)

Best regards
Malte

P.S. I cross-posted this mail to the Lift, Scala and Scala-Users mailing
list. I hope nobody takes offense at this.

[1] http://www.artima.com/shop/programming_in_scala
[2] pp.info.uni-karlsruhe.de/lehre/SS2009/foo/Kapitel14.pdf