Is a syntax like this okay (inside an Author mapper)?
object created extends MappedDateTime(this) with CreatedTimestamp[Author]
Although if we say that timestamps are always a date-time (not date only or
time only) this could be shortened to
object created extends CreatedTimestamp(this)

-------------------------------------
Achint Sandhu<achint.san...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

        I'm new to scala (2.7.7) and lift (2.0-M2) and as a learning exercise
have taken on the translation of an existing rails project into a lift
application.

        There are two things I have run into that I'm hoping the more
experienced members of the list can give me a hand with:

1) Is there a trait in lift that creates and manages an equivalent of
the createdAt and updatedAt fields that rails provides? I'm thinking
something along the lines of IdPK, but have been unable to find
anything.

2) I've been following the wiki article on setting up One-to-Many
relationships (http://wiki.github.com/dpp/liftweb/how-to-work-with-one-
to-many-relationships) and am running into a difference in behaviour.
Following the example, if I look at anAuthor.books, I get back a List
of Book objects, however when I look at aBook.author, I get back a
Long with the ID of the Author. I would expect aBook.author to return
an Author object. I've copied and pasted the example in the wiki, to
make sure that it wasn't my implementation.

        Other than that, so far, it's gone extremely well and I was able to
get something up and running very quickly which really is a testament
to the design of the framework.

        Thanks.

Cheers,
Achint