I'm new to Lift and am trying to use Lift within a subpath of my web
application.  For example, http://domain.com is an existing webapp,
but my LiftFilter handles the "user_mgt" subpath (http://domain.com/
user_mgt/*).  My existing webapp already handles user authentication,
but I want to use the lost/change password functionality of Lift's
MegaProtoUser.

How do I create a LiftSession from my existing webapp so that I can
call User.logUserIn(my_user)?

I am embedding my User.logUserIn call within S.initIfUninitted like
this:
   S.initIfUninitted(my_lift_session.openOr(** SOMETHING? **))
   {
      User.logUserIn(user)
   }

If a LiftSession exists, I can retrieve it and it works fine:
   val my_lift_session = SessionMaster.getSession(current_session_id,
Empty)

However, when my_lift_session is Empty, I have tried:
   LiftRules.sessionCreator(new
provider.servlet.HTTPServletSession(current_session), ""))

which appears to create a new LiftSession, but when I actually
navigate to a page in the subpath http://domain.com/user_mgt/change_password
it doesn't recognize that I've logged in.  Perhaps when I load the
page http://domain.com/user_mgt/change_password it is creating a new
LiftSession even though one already exists?

I've been banging my head on this for a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
dave