OK, I have disabled the stripping of comments:

    LiftRules.stripComments.default.set( () => false )

It seems to work for me.

On Mar 4, 12:36 am, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <je...@ingolfs.dk> wrote:
> aw <anth...@whitford.com> writes:
> >     <!--[if IE 6]> <script type="text/javascript" id="ie6fix"> ... </
> > script> <![endif]-->
>
> Ross already described how to disable this, but this seems like a
> genuine useful feature (to not remove some comments). Iircc, there are
> other scenarios (such as AdWords) where you would like to keep the
> some comments.
>
> Not sure how to handle this in a general way though.
>
> In this case You can also handle it server side: Req.isIE6
>
> /Jeppe

Obviously, it would be great to make the stripComments variable
session specific where I could leverage something like isIE.  I do see
that FactoryMaker seems to have a session and request specific vending
concept, so this looks promising.  I think the code that actually does
the comment stripping is in LiftMerge, so I'm thinking that that would
need to be enriched too.  Ideally, I would like to see comments that
are not IE specific to be stripped.  (I am unfamiliar with AdWords and
how they use comments.)

Sound like a ticket?

Thanks everybody for the quick help!