I've been trying to find ways that I can autosave a file on every keystroke
(or every n keystrokes).  I've not been able to find a way to do this, but
I thought I could by changing the keybindings:

[:editor "space" :save]

Which will work (every time I hit space, it saves, so after every word I
type it would save), but of course that means I can no longer type an
actual space.

Is there a behavior that would allow me to do this in succession or at
least retain and combine the original behavior?  Something like

[:editor "space" :save :type-space]

or

[:editor "space" :save :insert " "]

I've not been able to figure out a way to achieve this...