Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to create a custom editor.  What do I mean
by this?  Lets suppose I have a project, and in that project I have a JSON
file with a .myfiletype  extension.  Although the file is JSON it has a lot
of repetitive structures which makes it not so friendly to edit as text.
What I would like to do is find an editor where I could create a custom
editor, such that when I open a file with the .myfletype extension instead
of opening the source code editor it would open a UI (based on
HTML/CSS/JavaScript) that I created to allow me to interactively edit the
file through lists, fields, checkboxes, buttons etc.

In the world of modern extensible code editors this seems like a pretty
basic requirement, yet there are remarkably few (well none actually)
examples or editors that seem to be able to do that? Would be interested to
know if Light Table could?

Thanks

Gerry