On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 07:01:18AM +0000, ZmnSCPxj wrote:
> Good morning David,
>
> What happens if the exchange node only sends its preimage towards the
> payer and not towards the payee?
>
> If the payer and payee do not coordinate, then it becomes possible for
> the exchange node to take the funds without the payee gaining the
> ability to claim the payment.

Indeed, you are correct.  I had not taken that into account.  Thinking
about it from that perspective, there's no way to depend on proof that
the someone received something (e.g. a payment) without also allowing
the receiver to block payment by refusing to provide that proof.  That
invalidates this class of solutions.

Thanks,

-Dave