After posting I was tapped on the shoulder and informed that it is very
likely that we will have an enhanced secure parallel composition 2 round
MuSig in the future.
This is really good news.
This makes much of the post moot but I think the conclusion about being
able to do "pure scriptless" lightning with the same number of rounds as
today before forwarding the payment is correct.

Cheers,

LL