Hello Zeeman,

If I understand well the "point-to-point property" is the following : you
can authenticate  an incoming HTLC traffic from your neighbors owing to
their expensive channels.

My concern with this approach relies on the fact that a routing node isn't
decisionary of the HTLC traffic going through itself. Thus its outgoing
traffic might be far superior to its locked channel utxos and it will have
to compensate HTLC receiver for the difference. You're back to some fees
mechanism for everyone to do its account.

The interesting property with stake certificates is to overlay the
liquidity effective user with the HTLC sender. This last one should care
about using liquidity resources reasonably, not the routing nodes.

IMO, the more interesting point you're underscoring is that we shouldn't
bind a HTLC traffic volume to a channel size. E.g you have a small channel
but a high HTLC traffic spread through the day and that's lawful. What we
may consider is a stake certificate/point-to-point control only relying on
utxo uniqueness, and not the amount locked. If a utxo-authenticated
HTLC-traffic is far beyond the median, just blacklist the utxo, thus
forcing a utxo spend (and bearing onchain fees) by any liquidity abuser.

Cheers,

Antoine