Hi Eugene,

The reason dust HTLCs count for the 483 HTLC limit is because of
`update_fee`.
If you don't count them and exceed the 483 HTLC limit, you can't lower the
fee anymore
because some HTLCs that were previously dust won't be dust anymore and you
may end
up with more than 483 HTLC outputs in your commitment, which opens the door
to other
kinds of attacks.

This is the first issue that comes to mind, but there may be other
drawbacks if we dig into
this enough with an attacker's mindset.

Bastien