Good morning again list,

> > We could use an identicon, we do that with the lightningnetwork repository.
> > An official logo is probably better - give the project a real symbol.
>
> I attached an SVG file I have been working on for some time, for the
> amusement of all.
>
> It is unfortunately not square, and is very very simple, as well.

The icon attached in the previous email was visually inspired by this:
https://game-icons.net/1x1/sbed/electric.html

However, the icon attached in the previous email is created solely by me
without any code from the above link; I created a right triangle, made two
corners round, copied it and rotated 180 degrees, then built the Lightning
symbol out of them.
I hereby release the icon in the previous email under CC0.

An alternative which looks more "networky" is:
https://game-icons.net/1x1/willdabeast/chain-lightning.html
A slight modification of removing the outgoing lightning strike from the
leftmost person and adding a lightning strike between the leftmost and
rightmost person would certainly imply "network" of "lightning" users, to me.

On the other hand, a simple Lightning symbol like in the previous email does
have its cachet.
In particular, this simple symbol allows for the possibility of third parties
to use as basis for their own logo, due to the base logo being very clean and
lacking visual busyness.
For instance, an implementation may create their own logo based on some
modification of this base logo, just as its code might implement the BOLT spec
but add its own modifications on top of the BOLT spec.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj