Hey Lisa,

Thanks for the update! I believe that moving to CLTV instead of CSV is
definitely the right move here.

Regarding the newly added 2nd-stage lease locked transactions, I don't
think that works. The issue is that you don't have an opportunity to
receive signatures for those transactions with the current message flow.
When you send `commit_sig`, the remote node will have a new commitment
transaction that they can immediately broadcast, but you won't have
their signatures if you need to claim your leased HTLC outputs. PTLCs
have the same kind of issue, and we resolved them by adding new messages
to the protocol flow, which I think would be overkill here.

It could work if that 2nd-stage transaction did not require a signature
from the remote peer, or if we could directly express the additional
CLTV constraint in the output without requiring a 2nd-stage transaction
at all. But I'm not sure this can be done...

My other main feedback is about RBF. It currently isn't specified what
behavior RBF attempts should have: should they honor the previous rates
or not? I believe we should add the new funding tlv fields to the RBF
messages (`tx_init_rbf` and `tx_ack_rbf`). Each RBF attempt renegotiates
a potential liquidity purchase, independently of what the previous
attempts contained. That will work better with splicing, where an RBF
attempt may result in a very different liquidity allocation than the
other pending splice transactions. I detailed that a bit more in my
comment on the spec PR [1].

I'm actively working on implementing this in eclair, as I believe this
is a very important feature for the network. Thanks again for pushing
this spec forward!

Cheers,
Bastien

[1] https://github.com/lightning/bolts/pull/878#issuecomment-1814006160