From: Justin Pittman [mailto:jpitt...@likewise.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:08 PM
To: Briguglio, Frank (10421)
Cc: likewise-open-discuss@lists.likewisesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [Likewise-open-discuss] SUDO Access

Likewise Enterprise has the same functionality as Open for name
services.
The users or groups defined in a sudoers file will be resolved to a
UID/GID,
and Likewise is defined to resolve usernames and groupnames via AD if
they
are not found locally.  (This is the 'passwd files lsass' entry in
nsswitch.conf, and its group counterpart.)  For groups an enumeration of
its
members also happens, and Likewise can return the members' UIDs from AD.

As far as AD problems and local administrative backdoors, even if a
Likewise
client's connectivity to DCs/DNS collaspes, caching is enabled by
default.
Locally cached IDs would allow sudo to continue to function.

Justin