---

** [issues:#1388] Support OpenType font features**

**Status:** Started
**Created:** Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:34 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Mon May 04, 2015 12:23 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

*Originally created by:* *anonymous

*Originally created by:*
[lemzw...@googlemail.com](http://code.google.com/u/102649819178652971408/)

Currently, LilyPond doesn't support OpenType font features.  For example, many
fonts already contain glyphs for small caps letters, but lilypond can't access
such glyphs directly since OpenType fonts don't need to have named glyphs, and
you need to activate an OpenType feature \(\`smcp' in this particular case\) so
that input character codes get properly mapped to caps glyphs.

I suggest that we implement an interface similar to the \`fontspec' package for
XeTeX and luatex:

[http://www.ctan.org/get/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.pdf](http://www.ctan.org/get/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/fontspec.pdf)

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because testlilyissues-a...@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/admin/issues/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.