What’s the expected or desired output here?

Should force-hshift move both voices? I don’t think so, it’s used for manual
shifting of single voices.

Should the heads not be merged in this case? This would mean that the user
relies on an automatism even if they change some things (force-hshift)
manually. This seems contradictory to me. → no bug?

---

** [issues:#5419] merge-differently-headed and merge-differently-dotted merge
incorrectly with NoteColumn.force-hshift overridden**

**Status:** Accepted
**Created:** Wed Sep 19, 2018 06:42 PM UTC by Simon Albrecht
**Last Updated:** Wed Sep 19, 2018 06:42 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody
**Attachments:**

- [Screenshot from 2018-09-19
20-41-47.png](https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5419/attachment/Screenshot%20from%202018-09-19%2020-41-47.png)
 (3.1 kB; image/png)

Reported by Peter Terpstra:

~~~~
:::TeX
\version "2.18.2" % same in 2.19.82

<<
  \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
  \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn
  {
    g'2 s
    g'8 % doesn’t happen with a quarter note, but with shorter values it does
  }
  \\
  {
    \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1
    g'2. s4
    g'2
  }

~~~~

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because testlilyissues-a...@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/admin/issues/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.