On 5/1/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't see who would benefit from a refactoring of the backend, so IMO
it's a waste of time.  By contrast, having a continuous distance measure
between different outputs would speed development up tremendously,
because we will be able to spot and repair bugs as soon as they crop up.

You're free to submit patches to the backend, though.

Refactoring:  anyone who wants to write a new backend or edit an
existing one, and anyone who wants compact output files.

Distance measure:  I don't yet understand what kinds of changes you
want to be considered significant and what kinds you want to be
considered insignificant.

David Feuer