2006/5/15, Erik Sandberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 5/14/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2006/5/14, Erik Sandberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > What should be the value of the 'unique field of a CreateContext event?
>
> When writing, the 'unique field to be written is determined by the file
writer.

OK, so file writers have direct listeners to all contexts then? (I've
implemented it previously using the events_below dispatcher, which is
more convenient)

I agree it would be nice to get rid of unique.

Sorry, I think we're miscommunicating something. Can you explain what
the value unique is used for? AFAICS, it's only used for reading and
writing streams, and  isn't per se necessary inside the context tree.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys
[EMAIL PROTECTED]