In message <863aeipe74....@lola.quinscape.zz>, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> writes

Hi,

the ambitus engraver seemingly picks the first maximum/minimum in the
note sequence and stays with it even when the same absolute pitch comes
up later with a better match to the ambitus engraver's key signature.

Here is a real world example where the ambitus engraver (which is
working in C major) picks c flat rather than b as its lowest span.
Ugly.

Not that I use ambituses, but surely, where there multiple notes of the same pitch (I hate to say "absolute pitch", because to take the above example c-flat and b-natural are NOT the same pitch except on the piano), it makes sense to take the lowest (or highest, as appropriate) note - b over c.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anth...@thewolery.demon.co.uk