Greetings, current Lilypond developers. I'm new here and would like some
guidance.

I'm interested in using Lilypond to compose music for high school drumlines.
Hopefully my contributions will be useful to others. I'm not new to
programming (Computer Science major), but am new to the C++ & Scheme setup
in use here. My first task is to make accent marks translate into a dynamic
step up in the MIDI output.

I would assume that I need to do some work at the iteration stage, as well
as the MIDI translation stage. Does an "\accent" get turned into an
articulation somehow by ly/script-init.ly? I'm probably wrong ...

I imagine I'll also have to do a check for whether we're dealing with
drummode, and conditionally modify some node with extra dynamic information.

Can anyone point me in a more clear direction? Thanks.

--
Alan Szlosek :: http://www.greaterscope.net