Op zondag 06 december 2009 schreef David:

> That, in turn, means that the more brainpower is invested in Lilypond to
> make it do "the right thing", the harder it gets for Lilypond-reading
> programs to get it right as well.

I second this. My program Frescobaldi has a LilyPond parser that can
understand music (transpose pitches etc.) but when the semantics of "q" are
moving, it is difficult for such a parser to understand music (e.g. play notes
when the cursor moves across them).

(I still have a little doubt if "q", although it can save much typing, really
contributes to a good, stable and clear LilyPond syntax.)

The typing problem can also be resolved in editors: in Frescobaldi there is a
shortcut (Ctrl+;) that repeats the last entered chord.

with many regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/