Hi Patrick,
On 28/10/10 06:32, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Ian Hulin <i...@hulin.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I've just done some stuff with this file to ensure it compiles OK when
>> running using Guile V1.9.
>>
>> It declares all it stuff in a module (define-module (scm dislplay-lily)
>>
>> It currently gets loaded by lily.scm as part of the dynamic load list
>> near the end of the file. Â However, things declared as modules for use
>> in the base 'lily' module are pulled in via a (use-modules) statement
>> near the start of the file.
>>
>> Should display-lily.scm move from the ly:load list to the (use-modules)
>> list?
>
> I'm a bit confused by this question...
>
> As I understand it, module (scm display-lily) is loaded via
> (use-modules ...) in music-functions.scm, on line 216.
>
> So, when the Guile 1.9 scheme compiler compiles music-functions.scm,
> it compiles display-lily.scm automatically at that point.
>
> Then, at the bottom of display-lily.scm,
> define-music-display-methods.scm is loaded.
>
> Is this the spot you are asking about?

Kind of.  I missed that lily.scm didn't load display-lily directly.

However as display-lily and define-music-display-methods all generate a
module (scm display-lily),  wouldn't it be better for Guile V1.9 to
process it along with the other modules when lily.scm loads up the
modules needed for the 'lily' module at lily.scm:202?

Are there negative performance implications in doing this using Guile
V1.8.7?

> Thanks,
> Patrick
>
> PS.  I can't review your latest curried-definitions patch until this
> weekend, at the earliest.  Sorry about that.
No probs.  I'll be away in Manchester at the BASBWE conference at the
RNCM with my Wind Band over the weekend.

Cheers,

Ian