While workign on some real-world score, I ran into another problem with part-
combining that I don't know how to solve:

Sometimes in a part-combined staff, after a multi-measure rest, one of the two
instruments sets in a little earlier than the second one. During that measure,
the second instrument should ideally show a full-measure rest. Unfortunately,
I have no idea how to implement this, as the multi-measure rest of the second
instrument has started way earlier. The ongoing multi-measure rest of the
second instrument simply needs to be split up into two sequences (where the
second is then shown).

A simple example is attached, where in the third measure the second voice
needs to show a full-bar rest...

Any ideas how I might be able to solve this?

Thanks,
Reinhold
Reinhold Kainhofer, reinh...@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886

\version "2.13.45"

\header {
  texidoc ="If the apart state is forced after unisilence and one voice still
has a rest going on, that voice needs to display a new multi-measure rest."
}

\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

mI = \relative c'' {
  d2 r |