On Nov 4, 2011, at 4:10 PM, pkx1...@gmail.com wrote:

> This still needs work but I need some decisions err.. decided and some
> more input from Mike.
>
> James

Sorry for the delay!  I missed this e-mail.

> I guess because we are not indicating a grob i.e.
>
> c-\autoFootnote #'(1 . -1.25)
>
> vs
>
> \autoFootnote #'NoteHead #'(1 . -1.25)
> c4
>
> Which does the same thing.
>
> Mike any comment on this?

Yup - exactly.  The postfix operator only ever works in chords and will apply
to NoteHeads.
{ <a^\espressivo-\autoFootnote #'(1 . 1) "a" > }

> It seems to infer, now that Graham has phrased it like this, that note
> head grobs in this case are 'assumed' and not needed to be specified
> like a slur or beam grob etc.

It'd be nice if this were more robust so that it could apply to other things
like scripts, but for now, it only works with notes.  This could be a known
issue if you'd like.

Cheers,
MS