Hi David,
I am willing to support the development of LilyPond financially with small
amount of money regularly.
I am not sure I understand your payment plans. For example (quoting from
http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-24):

>    - [*Lifesaver*] Minimum €0, cap €250 per month, monthly target €800.
>    That means that if the target (which basically allows me to postpone my
>    decision to work elsewhere) is reached with everybody’s minimum already,
>    you are not billed. This is the option to pick if you don’t want to support
>    a single person as much as keep the LilyPond project from losing me. You do
>    what is necessary to avoid my leaving, but nothing else. Yes, it will be
>    annoying if it turns out you have to pay the cap more than once, but it
>    will also be annoying for me not even to afford survival in spite of highly
>    qualified work.
>
> Does it mean, that people should express their interest to "keep the
LilyPond project from losing you" and you will let them know according to
the number of payers how much should everyone each particular month pay?

Marek Klein
http://gregoriana.sk