On 10/07/2012 11:29 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=482
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=817

I implemented those functions for MusicXML import. Note, however, that lilypond
does not automatically use those, you have to manually set them as shown in the
snippets.

Do I understand right that these functions are entirely manual overrides -- that they specify what to print (either a note-value, or the entire ratio) without reference to the actual tuplet underneath?

This is what I'm getting at, you see -- I'd like to see a \tuplet command that takes the information I've given about the tuplet ratio and units and translates that _automatically_ into the correct notation.

I'm not trying to dismiss your work, it's just that I'm leery of purely manual notational overrides because there's always a risk of screwing things up if you later revise the piece and forget to also revise the override (there's a similar problem IIRC with the current solution to customized subsidiary beam-breaking).