ArnoldTheresius wrote

> Eluze wrote
>> maybe my hope to find the needed information in thess tables was to
>> optimistic - does somebody know how the "correct" way is?
>>
>> Eluze
> Well, at least here is what I did try this weekend - posted before I read
> all messeages which were added in the meantime.
> This code is still "dirty but quick, incomplete but big"

> Editors 'context' and 'pspad' are still missing.
> Hopefully still good enough for some testing.

hi Arnold

looks great! (but sorry - I can't test)

looking at the code, this seems to be quite the same approach as what I did
in my batch (except that I didn't consult the HKLM)

now - as James pointed out - this will only deliver results if a program has
explicitly been associated with an extension - can you confirm this!?

if so it'd be good to have LYEDITOR as a last resource for all people who
don't (want or know how to) associate programs to extensions.

> Also to clearify:
> - Which of the listed editors are available for windows?

Crimson
gvim
notepad
notepad++
pspad
…???

I think we should maintain a table where you can read the line and column
option.

> - Which one needs to be started into the background (like lilypad)?

what do you mean exactly? (I can start: lilypad "d:\data\ly\test\test.ly"

after finding a viable way textedit and it's prerequisites should be
documented clearer (in AU).

Eluze