David,

On 27 May 2013 12:17, James <pkx1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David,
>

> On 27 May 2013 11:12, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> James <pkx1...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> >     Ok, that's one data point for "amd64" architecture. Which is one
>> >     consolation.
>> >
>> >     I am using the i386 package myself, and uname -i returns i686
>> >     (probably
>> >     mostly relevant regarding kernel and libc6). So anybody else who
>> >     could
>> >     also check the situation regarding 32bit systems?
>> >
>> > Mine works too for 64 bit. Brand new clean install, sudo apt-get
>> > install lilypond
>>
>> Good.  To make this reportable to the Ubuntu tracker, can you (or
>> somebody else) try the amd64 Ghostscript out with
>>
>> ps2pdf toc.preview.eps
>>
>> with the toc.preview.eps file at
>> >
>> Since I have been able to produce the problem with both 2.16.0 from
>> Ubuntu as well as current master, it is quite unlikely to make a
>> difference, but if we want to state "This problem does not happen with
>> amd64", we should start from the same test file and not depend on
>> LilyPond itself in this particular report.
>>
>> > Success: compilation successfully completed
>> > --snip--
>> >
>> > I'll try 32 bit now.
>>
>> This particular kind of problem/test is quite architecture dependent.
>> So it is not extraordinary that results on amd64 are different.  It will
>> be interesting to see how this fares.  Thanks for the checks: it will
>> make it a lot easier to decide how to proceed to get more data points.
>>

> 32 bit fails

I should add that my 32 bit machine is virtual but, because of reasons too
dull to go into here, has only 1 CPU and 1GB of RAM.

The 64 bit had 2 GB and 2 CPUs but again Virtual (different platform though)

I know that isn't much but we're not compiling here, we're just running
LilyPond on a very small *.ly file.

Hope that helped.

James