Hi Devon,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Devon Schudy <dsch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting unpredictable output from
> input/regression/tuplet-number-kneed-beam-horizontal-fit.ly.
>
> Sometimes the second tuplet number is in bracket position below the
> staff, and sometimes it overlaps the beam. When I run this test via
> make check, it may be in either position, but when I run it
> individually (even via lilypond-book with the same options), it always
> overlaps the beam.
>
> In both cases the expected "not enough space for tuplet number against
> beam" programming_error happens, so it's trying to follow the bracket
> instead of the beam.

Hmm.  I'm not getting this inconsistent placement, but I wonder if what
you're seeing related to an issue with
the tuplet number code for which I just submitted a patch.  (It fixes a
problem with faulty recognition of kneed beams in connection with overrides
of Beam.positions.)

Would you be willing to try it out to see if you still get the regtest
inconsistencies?

> (By the way, shouldn't this be a warning instead
> of a programming_error?)

Probably.  I will propose a patch for this.  (Don't want to mix too much
into the current patch.)

--David