>> We could then get rid of Ghostscript completely.

Mhmm, please ignore this sentence, it doesn't make sense.

> So, to be clear, in your opinion, solving this is a requirement
> before we drop the old PS backend?

Well, 'dropping the old PS backend' is something we should do very
carefully.  Hopefully, we are first marking the old backend as
deprecated in the next major release before removing it completely in
the release after next.

The only thing I would like to convince the Cairo people is to add a
mode to produce PDFs with font references instead of embedding – and
subsetting – fonts.  My Cairo knowledge is zero; maybe this is already
possible?

    Werner
          • Re... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
  • Re: Missing items t... Jean Abou Samra
    • Re: Missing it... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
      • Re: Missin... Jean Abou Samra
        • Re: Mi... Werner LEMBERG
          • Re... Jean Abou Samra
            • ... Werner LEMBERG