Hi Werner,
   hi all,

   maybe you want to do some normalization on the image as a preprocessing
   step before actually doing the comparison?
   E.g. first crop the image, and then do the comparison.  Of course, if
   there is even a _large_ shift, you will no more detect it at all after
   normalization.
   In other scenarios, you may also want to normalize brightness / color /
   white balanve and other stuff, but I think this does not apply well
   for lilypond scores...

   Best wishes,
   Jürgen

   (being curious if my email this time makes it through the devel list,
   after it did not always do in the past...)