On Mon, Jul 29, 2024 at 8:56 AM Luca Fascione <l.fasci...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Werner,
> Could you write me a line or two about these shifts we get?
> Like: they're going to be some random, non-integer quantity, right?

Yes, but since the comparison works on pixel images, you can't see the
non-integer part of the shift.

> Also, the rasterization that gets performed, is it anti aliased?

Usually it is; we could turn it off and possibly make the images
larger, but IIRC that slows things down.

> It would seem that though shifts and changes in the lengths of the staves are
> "common", small and relatively benign problems, rotations and scales
> (magnifications) should be considered major disasters, right?

Rotations do not generally happen. Virtually all the positioning is
rectilinear, and scaling is also not common. What happens that objects
end up in different locations, and sometimes variable objects (slurs,
beams) have different sizes.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanw...@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen