From the error printout in your first email, it seems that this
time it wasn't the pool-size but the "main memory size". I think
it should help to set extra_mem_top. It's not uncommon that the
Lilypond output breaks the default memory limits in LaTeX, so don't
worry too much about why it worked when.

   /Mats

David Bobroff wrote:
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/lilypond-user/2002-December/003333.html

The mystery is that it was working fine before.  I had made the change in
texmf.cnf and all was well.  I set:

pool_free = 500000

..and it is still set that way.  The change stands.  Last night my file
compiled just fine.  Today it doesn't.  Nor does the small excerpt I sent.
That is why I find it so strange.

-David

	Mats Bengtsson
	Signal Processing