[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>    \partial 8 s8 \bar ""
>
> This seems to render a fairly acceptable result, but it really feels
> like a hack.  Is there a less convoluted solution?
>
> Notice that the problem is only seen when doing a temporary clef change
> before the first note or rest.  After the first note or rest the clef
> change works just fine, leaving the initial clef visible as expected.

We could introduce a special alignment-class for clef changes, but I'm
not sure what the proper notation of a clef change at the beginning of
the line is ; I believe that 2 clefs at the same musical point would
only be necessary at the start of a piece, right?

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen