>If you want to make incomplete measures, you have to use "\property
>Score.measureLength"
>to set the actual length of the measure like in the following example:
>
> [...]

Is that any different from using \partial ... ?

I tried the \partial approach, but the automatic beaming doesn't seem to know hown to
beam a partial measure of  e g
5/8. So the result is the same: I have to use manual beaming - which is exactly what I
want to avoid.

BTW, my example do "work", i e it doesn't generate a syntax error and the result looks
good except for the  beaming.
I have now changed the \bar "|:" style to \repeat blocks, but the beaming problem
remains.

Regards
Erik