Graham Percival wrote:

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:36:15 -0700
Paul Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

ow can I either raise \mark or move bar numbers so they don't conflict as they do when they are left alone and the rehearsal mark falls at the beginning of the line?

\translator{ \ScoreContext RehearsalMark \override #'padding = #1.5 }

That's if you stick it in the \paper{} section.  You need to change it
if you want to do that within the \notes{} section.

have read docs and haven't found an answer yet.

To move things around, you generally want to use \override #'padding = #foo. The problem then becomes finding out what context and name it is (such as "score" and "RehearsalMark"); that's what the docs about internals is for.

Thanks much. I thought it was padding but wasn't quite sure how to apply it.

Paul