Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Since LilyPond uses low-level TeX commands to select the font, make sure
that it works in a LaTeX file similar to the following one:

[ code snippet deleted ]

Once that works (with feta20 replaced by your font), it should work also with LilyPond.

Thanks; that does seem to be the problem, or at least part of it. Perhaps I'm not creating all the font elements correctly.

Do you have the same problem if you manually create the PS and PDF from the DVI? dvips -Ppdf -u+lilypond myfile.dvi ps2pdf myfile.ps

Yes, I do. Does that change what you said above at all?

Doug