Am 30.03.2015 um 16:07 schrieb Urs Liska:
There are two things you have to add to your example (I don't know to which extent this is written or missing in the documentation:

1)
an invisible barline \bar ""
LilyPond can only break lines at barlines, so in order to have it break in mid-measure (as one of the staves will do) you can place an invisible barline at all positions where you want to allow LilyPond to add a line break

2)
\override Beam.breakable = ##t
(this can be set in the \Score part of the \layout block)
By default LilyPond can't break when a beam is active, so you have to explicitly allow it to do so.

HTH
Urs

Ah, one more thing: If you don't want to set manual line breaks but want to allow LilyPond to break anywhere (say, after each quaver) you could add a separate invisible voice to each staff that contains something like

\repeat unfold 50 { s8 \bar "" }
(of course to be adapted to the actual music)